Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween is Over!

Okay....I love Halloween and all the fun that goes along with it. And believe me we had a lot of fun! But after 3 weeks of celebrating, dressing up, parties, and activities...I can definitely say Halloween has been celebrated at the Barnett house and I am so glad it's over!
The fun started with my mom's annual Halloween party. I think the favorite part is wrapping grandpa up like a mummy. The party ended with a trip to Frightmares, and the kids absolutely loved it.
We made the trip out to Gardener Village with my mom and sisters to see those cute witches...of course the trip wouldn't be complete without the petting zoo and pony rides.



I must say I was pretty proud when Brady won our ward party costume contest. He did make a pretty good pirate! Ava was pretty cute herself as the sugarplum fairy.


After two more parties the next day, it was time for trick-or-treating. I have to give props to the neighborhood. There were quite a few houses that went all out this year. There was even a bonfire where the kids could roast marshmallows and go on hay rides. Ava was so cute and it sure didn't take her long to figure out what trick-or-treating was all about. We came home, drank some hot chocolate and hit the hay. Until next year.....Halloween, we will miss you!

6 comments:

Kacee said...

So cute Brooke. I love Halloween too besides the weight gain from candy :). Sounds like you had a good one! Can't wait to see you Thursday!

Christine said...

ok so i want that pirate costume...brady looks amazing! YOu guys are too cute..how fun your fam has a little halloween shindig...your mom is quite the sport!

Nikki said...

That is a great costume! Your kids look so cute! What a fun neighborhood, ours was still kinda dead this year. :( See you tonight! If you want a ride let me know, I have to drop my kids off at Cami's but it's on the way.

traske.melissa said...

little ava's costume is too cute! i will have to post our halloween adventures soon!

the murdocks said...

Brooke what the heck...you guys blog! I couldn't be more thrilled. Now I can keep perma tabs on you guys since we never see you. We've got to come see your house! I need some serious decorating inspiration...

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

They are so stinken cute, I love the customes, I just can't believe how much they are growing up.