Thursday, February 5, 2009

Western Caribbean Cruise...A Wonderful Time!

We just got back from a wonderful Caribbean Cruise. My whole family was there and it was a ton of fun to be together. We went to Cozumel, Honduras, and Costa Maya. My favorite stop was Roatan Honduras. We kayaked and snorkeled there. It was way fun! It seemed like that island wasn't quite as touristy as some of the other places we've been. Dirt roads, beautiful beaches, and some of the best snorkeling we've ever done. There was a huge reef along the beach and we saw so many different kinds of fish. Besides a little jellyfish sting it was a wonderful day.
We also went to Tulum to see the Mayan Ruins. It was cool and we were able to get a tour guide who was LDS. He showed us many things in those ancient temples that resembled ours today. It poured rain that day so we were all soaking wet. That day also included a ferry trip in the storm that made us all a little sea sick. In Costa Maya we had a beautiful day. We went to the beach, soaked up the sun and went jet skiing in the ocean. I don't ever think I've been on such big waves. It was awesome! We also played some serious cards while we were on the ship. It was fun because we never get a chance to do that much anymore. Things like that are much harder with children around. We caught up on lots of sleep and I even got to read a book. Ahhhh...so relaxing!

One of the funnest part of our trip was watching the guys play in a dogeball tournament. It was a two part tournament. The first day they didn't do so well, so the rest of the trip was spent strategizing and figuring out how they could win. When we were in one of the ports, they found these great masks that they thought would through the other teams off. I'm not sure how great it worked, but they had a great time.
Todd thought he was pretty cool in his Nacho Libre mask. He was coming up with any excuse he could to wear his mask on the ship.

This was a great vacation and I was so glad that my whole family could be there. We all get along so well and we shared some good times and lots of memories.

9 comments:

The Wright Fam said...

THat looks like a BLAST!!! I am totally jealous! I am glad you guys had a great time!

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! I am completely jealous of course, it sounds like heaven to have such a relaxing, fun week! Love the mask, Mark would be jealous!

Jamie said...

Sooo fun! Your fam always has so much fun together. Thanks for the cards tips. I forgot until last night how much fun that game is.

Hailey said...

I'm so jealous, looks like a lot of fun. Did your kids go also? You look great. I want to see more pictures of the trip. I'm glad you got to get away from the cold weather...

Kacee said...

Looks like so much fun! I am very jealous you were in the sun and away from this cold weather. How fun!

Kellee said...

Hey Brooke do you care if I add you to my blog list of friends? I'm always looking for more people I can blog stalk :)

inkley boys said...

ok I just found out you blog from marcees site I love seeing your family what a fun way to catch up!

Unknown said...

With that mask Todd is begging to be put in a figure four leg lock!

abo-bder said...

فني ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض